Preparation of Vanilla Cookies without Using Milk
Vanilla does have a wonderful smell and when it mingles with the burnt aroma of cookies, the feeling is simply wonderful. There are many vanilla cookie recipes which do not use milk and I specifically like those, as milk does not go well with me. Here’s sharing some of those recipes.
Almond and Vanilla Cookies
- Raw cane sugar, 300g
- Butter, 125g
- Plain flour, 300g
- Egg, 1 large
- Vanilla essence, 1 tsp
- Flaked almonds, 100g
- Soda bicarbonate, 1 tsp
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 175°C after lining two baking trays.
- Mix the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla essence and beat in the egg.
- Filter in the bicarbonate and flour and then sprinkle the flaked almonds.
- After squeezing and kneading the floor, makes small balls out of it.
- Over the baking tray, space out the balls and slightly flatten them.
- Bake for around 10 to 12 minutes or till you can see a light color on them.
- Cool the cookies over a rack and you can store them for around 7 days.
Hazelnut Butter Cookies
- Whole or chopped hazelnuts, 12 oz, without skin
- 1 stick or ½ cup of softened butter
- Sugar, 1 cup
- Packed brown sugar, 1 cup
- Eggs, two in number
- Vanilla, ½ teaspoon
- Flour, 2½ cups
- Baking soda, 1 tsp
- Baking powder, 1 tsp
- Salt, ½ tsp
- Chocolate chips, 10 to 12 ounces
- First the oven should be preheated to 350°F. Take the work bowl of a food processor and add the hazelnuts. Process the same for around 4 minutes or until they are smooth and liquefied.
- Beat the hazelnut, sugar and butter for three minutes on medium speed. After adding in vanilla and eggs, mix again for a couple of minutes on medium speed. Whisk together salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour and add them to the wet ingredients. Run the mixture on low speed until properly mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- With the help of a medium cookie scoop, make balls out of the dough. Place the balls over a cookie sheet that has parchment paper lining. Bake at 350°F for a period of 10 minutes or till you see the edges turning golden brown. Keep over a wire rack and cool.
Vanilla Butter Ring Cookies
- Butter, 110g
- Sugar, 50g
- Cream cheese, 40g
- All purpose flour, 125g
- Vanilla extract, ½ tsp
- Place sugar and sieved flour in a big mixing bowl.
- Put some butter in the form of 1cm cubes and evenly distribute it on the flour.
- Add vanilla extract and cream cheese. If you are game for some Christmas theme, you may add in green or red food coloring.
- Using your hand, blend all the ingredients together till dough is formed. A clean mixing bowl should be there containing no crumbs.
- In order to firm up, cover the dough and keep it in the refrigerator for about 12 minutes.
- Fill half of the cookie press and make use of a choicest template. You may even make 1cm thick rolls and use a cookie cutter. Once the cookies are shaped, place on a baking tray which is greased. You may place them around 2 finger widths from each other. If you wish to, you may add some chopped almonds before placing the cookies over the oven. But make sure not to ruin the shape!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the cookies until they exhibit slightly brown edges.
- Take the cookies out from the oven; cool them for 5 to 6 minutes, first over the baking tray and then by shifting them to a cooling rack.
Tags: Vanilla Cookies